1. This website is brought to you by English Exams Doctor, a trading name owned by Simon M Warner. We take the privacy of our customers and website users very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy and Security Policy ('the Policy') carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
2. For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, Simon M Warner, who owns English Exams Doctor ('we' or 'us') is the 'data controller' (ie the entity that is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data collected about you
3. We will obtain personal data about you such as your name, address, payment details, whenever you contact us for any reason.
4. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you contact complete an online form or call us,. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you when you make an order with us. If you provide such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of providing our services to you.
6. Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide services to you.
How your personal data may be used
7. We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
marketing--see 'Marketing and opting out' below
fraud prevention and detection
billing and order fulfilment
credit scoring and credit checking--see 'Credit checking' below
customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services which may affect you
improving our services
Marketing and opting out
8. Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message and email about other education services which may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights' below.
Disclosure of your personal data
9.We may disclose your personal data to:
other companies within our group
our agents and service providers, web developers
credit reference agents--see 'Credit checking' below
law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your data
10.We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
we store your personal data on secure servers
all our websites are encrypted using SSL technology
payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
11.Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
12. We may monitor and record communications with you such as telephone conversations and emails for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
13. To enable us and other companies in our group to make credit decisions about you for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference agencies who will record the search. We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Information about other individuals
14. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time)
obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, and services and to help us better understand our customer requirements and interests
target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example (specify, eg Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content). These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.]
Transfers of data out of the EEA
15. When you engaged our services, you agreed that we may transfer your personal data to entities such as programmers and developers who are based outside the European Economic Area and who are necessary for us to provide our services to you. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
16. You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £25 GBP) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
put your request in writing
include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
attach a cheque in the amount of £25 made payable to Simon M Warner.
specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
17. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
put your request in writing
provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details)
specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
18.You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
put your request in writing via our contact form and simply write "unsubscribe me" and provide us with information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details.)
19.if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone) please specify the channel you are objecting to..
Our contact details
20. We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email or call us. Our offices are at English Exams Doctor, Fairchild House, Redbourne Avenue, London, N3 2BP